Hey, hey, hey! Welcome to the Academic Skills Academy! THE online community that will help you to learn, practise and perfect all the skills you need to succeed at university or college (or indeed in life). But hey, don’t worry about the skills for life thing just yet, I’ll explain more about this later.
Academic Skills Academy – it’s all in the name
Okay, so if we’re aiming for fun and funny, why go the opposite way for the name of our website? Well, err, this is a bit embarrassing and I really don’t want you to tell the G-word-that-sounds-like-noodle police but the truth is we wanted a name that would get you guys here. Something that was searchable.
So, who are we and how can we help you?
Here are just a few ways that we at the Academic Skills Academy can help you:
- Our blog posts will provide regular, helpful updates on how to improve your study skills at university or college
- We will give you loads of hints and tips on how to manage your time and plan your assigments
- We will show you how to research, write and structure your essays
- We will advise you on how to create super-impressive presentations and give you the confidence to deliver them like a boss
- We will show you how to avoid the wrath of your lecturers by providing guidelines on how to cite the resources that you use correctly
- We aim to provide a community of students who are willing to help and support each other
- In the near future we will be sharing free mini-courses which will cover the topics detailed above and many more
We need your help…pretty please!
Now, we don’t want to seem like we’re begging – but hey, we are!
The thing is, we’re only asking for your input because we REALLY want to help you get the most out of your time at university in the best way we can. So, we’d love it if you could help us to help you.
Let us know about your study worries. Do you have a topic that you need help with, something that’s really bugging you? Is there something that’s preventing you from moving forward with you studies?
If so, please drop us a comment on one of our blog posts and we’ll do our absolute best to help you out. If you’re a wee bit shy and you don’t want to admit to the world (well, our readers at any rate) that you don’t understand something that’s fine. We get it (even though we guarantee that you won’t be the only one with that particular problem) – send us an email using the link in the footer below and we’ll get a blog post up to help you out.